Important please read this folks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> CF General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RadienFire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Important please read this folks Reply with quote

Ok i'm going to throw a suggestion out to you guys and i would like to see what your thoughts and feelings are about this.

The season as it currently is seems to be abit messy.

after scrolling through all the teams match history i can see that most of you have had at least one forfeit win.

and i can also see by looking at these forums that a number are you are unhappy with this.

what is you're opinion on us re-writing the rule book to try and eliminate the amount of forfeits and re-starting the season.

some rules i have in mind involve making match comms MANDATORY in the sense that if both teams haven't confirmed they will be playing 24 HOURS BEFORE MATCH time the match will be killed and the team that did reply will be paired up with another team in the same situation.

also i'd like to make a rule stating that if a team gets awarded 3 forfeit loses for no show in a row, that team will be marked as inactive and removed from the season.

if you have any more thoughts and suggestions feel free to post them in this thread and we'll take them into consideration.

now i know some of you are also concerned about members from teams playing in the league being admins. i know the last bunch of admins were a bad example. but unfortunatly the only people willing to admin a league will be the people actually playing in the league. i do realise a number of you will think this to be unfair or possibly corruptable. but i can assure you every admin i take on will not be able to deal things that concern their own team. and if you find that an admin is benifiting his or her own team feel free to contact me and i'll deal with it. on that not i'd also like to mention that we'll probably be looking for some admins soon. an announcement will be made later about 2 admins i already have in line. and when we've finished cleaning things up i'll probably open things up to give you guys a chance to be admin, as we will probably be in need of atleast 2 AC admins.

once again thanks guys and we value your feed back
RadienFire
View users profile Send private message
VinnyIke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, i wouldnt "re-start" the season, but instead since there has been a bit of a hiccup due to the former management, allow for a break in the season effective after this wednesday
that way, it will give the teams a chance to finish up their matches for week 3
in addition, this break will allow for all the teams who were awarded forfeit wins thus far (who are still active) to make up their matches with other teams in the same boat
make it mandatory that the maps that they play are the ones of the week that the match was missed
also, the teams who joined mid season can be thrown into the mix at this point and given the same chance to catch up

as for the 3 forfeit and your out rule, i think that is more than fair (in my opinion, 2 is more than enough to call a team inactive, unless there are some circumstances that would call for it)

i know you have stated that you will be looking for new admins in the future, but i figured i would take this opportunity to offer my assistance
i can assure you that i am a level headed, intelligent person more than capable of helping out if you need me, and i have a fair amount of experience in moderating/administrating forums/websites etc.
my biggest problem with the former admins were their unapproachable nature
not to mention, any complaint (or in my case, suggestion) was taken as an insult and they became defensive
i, on the other hand, am very approachable, and available to help out with anything needed as well as to speak with anyone who needs
not to mention, i realize this is a game, and it doesnt need to be taken as an insult if someone has a criticism
R3L1C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, even though my team is just barely coming in, I think a restart would be the best. Everything seems a little crazy.

I also would be willing to offer my assistance as an admin. I am very mature(40) and have been playing fps games since CS Beta. I have 5 years CAL experience as well as being a former admin for OGL on their Anti-Cheat team. I also have experience in web, and graphic design. If you need any help, let me know. I am in management in real life, so I figure I may just fit the bill here.

I also am very approachable and willing to look at issues unbiased, but I also look at both sides, not just one side. I also believe that an admin, if he or she may be playing in the league, should remove him or herself from any protest against their team.

As for the 3 forfeit rule, I also think 2 should be the standard, if you miss 2, your pretty much outta the mix anyway. After 2 they should be removed from the playing field. Lets put it this way, like it is in my clan, Non-Participation=The Boot! You must be active or it ruins it for everyone else.

Also, there should never be more than one team member from any team as an admin for the league. Remember, absolute power, corrupts absloutely. Its just to easy to show bias if more than one team member is an admin, or be accused of showing bias. Its best to recuse yourself on any matters involving your own team.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Major.Punker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think a restart would be the best. Everything seems a little crazy.

Im agree!!
VinnyIke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to disagree with the idea of restarting...
i said it in my last post here... but a restart would be unfair to the active teams who have been here from the start
a break in the season would work perfectly, and give the new teams and the teams with forfeits the chance to make them up and level the playing field
R3L1C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnyIke wrote:
i have to disagree with the idea of restarting...
i said it in my last post here... but a restart would be unfair to the active teams who have been here from the start
a break in the season would work perfectly, and give the new teams and the teams with forfeits the chance to make them up and level the playing field

A restart would be more fair to teams they brought in after the season started. They should've never brought teams in mid season, or any part of the season after the season started. Thats why when we signed our team up, we asked them not to put us in until the beginning of the next season.

Continuing the season would be waste, lets clean house, get the inactives out and restart.
R3L1C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats the verdict, how is the show gonna go, waiting for ya...
Major.Punker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For became a champion you have to match up!! ... forfeit... is the worst way to raise in ranking...
RadienFire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mixed ideas on the restart haven't really given us a clear answer.

because of this we decided to go ahead with the season.

every team with a forfeit win will get a chance to gain REAL match points and not forfeit match points towards the end of the season(this will also count for those teams that joined late)
R3L1C

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats kewl, just don't put us in until next season, we still have players on vacation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> CF General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: