moderators please read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> CF General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinnyIke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: moderators please read Reply with quote

i have a few questions about the way that the league does things as well as some comments/ideas
there seems to be a few teams who are on the rankings list who have no wins or losses
because this is already week 2... that would mean that the team was new
however i dont believe that is fair
the season has already started, you cannot have new teams joining at this time
the only way to make it fair, would be to force the new teams to play each other on week 1's map BEFORE they are allowed to play their week 2 match
i have also noticed, that there are no results for the teams who forfeit
the teams who got the win have that recorded but the other team was removed from the standings completely
i also see a team up on the list that has a win... with a score of 2-0
now if you look at the rules you will see that it is impossible for that to happen:

"If a team leaves the match before the 22 rounds are complete, that team looses the remaining rounds."

i dont particularly believe that is fair either.... but that leads me to my next question
when i played in the CAL league, the way things worked was if you won by forfeit you were awarded a certain amount of rounds
and that was factored into your teams score
if a team was inactive for 2 weeks in a row, they were no longer scheduled for other matches, but they were not removed, because that would mess things up for the teams who received the forfeit win
also, when you played a team, the amount of rounds you won were important, but the way that team that you beat played for the rest of the season was important as well
for example
if you and another team have the same record of 5-1 at the end of the season, that was not the deciding factor, because it depended on WHO you played against for those wins/losses
if team A was 5-1 against other good teams and team B was 5-1 against bad teams, team A had a higher standing
it wasnt purely how many over all rounds won/lost which is the way it looks to be now.... which is also not a fair assessment
i was looking at the matches for this week and something else struck me as odd...
usually the schedule is written up for the whole season RANDOMLY and then minor changes are made
but the way things are done here, they are made up week to week.... which could also be fine, if done correctly
for week 2 the #1 ranked team is playing against a team who lost their first match 17-22
and the #3 ranked team has a match against a team who received a forfeit win.... while the #2 team has a match against the #4 ranked team
while their records are 22-11 and 22-12.... to me this dose not seem fair
either put the top ranked teams against the top ranked teams to get an accurate read of who should be at the top, or schedule the matches randomly for the next few weeks.... but there is too much inconsistency right now
if i were to bet on the out come of those 3 matches, i would confidently say that the #1 ranked team would be favored in their match while the #2,3,4 teams matches would be up in the air
this is because the team who won by forfeit cannot be judged yet, and the other 2 teams are very closely matched
so for arguments sake, lets look at the 2 matchups where the teams actually played
if the #1 ranked team wins again with the score of 22-5 they would have 44 rounds won and only 10 rounds lost and would retain their #1 spot
the #2 and #4 teams however, if they were to have a very close matchup, and the score turned out to be 17-16 (11-5 one half and 11-6 the other), even if the #2 team was the winner, they would have 39 rounds won and 27 lost
and because of this, they could be easily past in rounds, but their record would still be 2-0 with a harder schedule...
i understand that this is the first season, and not all the kinks have been worked out yet, but there are a lot of factors that seemed to have been over looked and should have been addressed before preseason was over
anyway, i hope this highlights a few things that need to be addressed
View users profile Send private message
VinnyIke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice if someone could respond to this...
i think that it is unfair to have "random" matches scheduled weekly and not ahead of time
and it is also unfair to allow new teams into the league mid season
malte[gr]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an admin but every other league schedules matching weekly and teams that join later get a loss,, unless you can make it up with someone elses forfeit loss i believe. The matches ARE randomly generated I can assure you that.. It's built into the coding of the site
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jakethemayor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually new teams get a ff lose 4 week 1 so u should know what ur talking about if u get ff win u only get 750 if u ff u lose 2000. u shouldnt be crying about new teams!! the more teams the better
VinnyIke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malte[gr] wrote:
I am not an admin but every other league schedules matching weekly and teams that join later get a loss,, unless you can make it up with someone elses forfeit loss i believe. The matches ARE randomly generated I can assure you that.. It's built into the coding of the site

it doesnt matter to me how it is handled as long as it is, and as long as its done consistently

jakethemayor wrote:
actually new teams get a ff lose 4 week 1 so u should know what ur talking about if u get ff win u only get 750 if u ff u lose 2000. u shouldnt be crying about new teams!! the more teams the better

at the time of my post that is not how it was done
and it still lists a team who won by forfeit that has a score of 2-0 when the others have 0-0
thats what im referring to
and im not crying about new teams, i suggested a way to be fair while allowing new teams in

im not trying to be an asshole.... im just trying to help out with things that i have witnessed
it is not an attack on the mods/admins, i merely wanted to make sure that they were aware of some things i had witnessed that might have been over looked
i want to see this league last considering i am part of it as well so i hope no one takes my posting the wrong way

and thank you to all who have/will post here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> CF General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: