RE: IGL needs your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popsmear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: RE: IGL needs your help Reply with quote

It is hard to recommend clans to IGL when they are late to posting maps, switch maps 3 days before the match, post maps at the last minute, have weird and vague rules, faulty configs and so on. I think this is all part of the problem with clans leaving. The management of IGL (at least the TF2 8v8 area) needs to step it up if they want to compete.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
PapaRoach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is your suggestion on fixing this so called problems you point out?
I have never experienced problems playing in IGL.
View users profile Send private message
Popsmear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion?

Look at this page for STA: http://base.sta-league.org/tf2/

Notice in the right hand pane that it lists all of the upcoming maps for the next 4 weeks? IGL has yet to do that. It lists them on a week to week basis, and even then not a full week most often. The one time they did have 3 weeks worth of maps up, they changed it out for the super bowl and then switched from dustbowl this week to labor three days before the match. Even though it had been dustbowl forever.

As far as rules are concerned, it lists no scripts. How do they enforce this? They can't. That leaves the honest teams at a downfall.

Also it talks about map exploits but is not consistent. Like in CP_Well you can attack from on top of the boxes before round starts but fall over and its breaking the rules. That does not make much sense. Either allow it or not, it leaves too much leeway in other maps as to what is legal and what is not. It should also fall under the "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" rule but seemingly does not.

There is no "large" scale problems with IGL and I enjoy playing here. I know the admins do this in there free time and all, and I can appreciate that. I was simply listing little things that I notice. The beauty is in the details.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
PapaRoach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is something to work from. Input like this will definitely help the league get better. I appreciate your input. Although I am not an admin but a loyal player to IGL and like you an honest player.
Lets see if IGL can take good input and make any necessary changes to serve their gaming community.
Thank you.
IGL Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate the help Popsmear to make this more enjoyable for everbody. As I've stated before I don't own the game and had team leaders help me get it this far. If you would like to take the reigns and run this league I would really appreciate it. I just don't have anymore time then I'm doing right now to run TF2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: