Possible Rule settings:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> TF2 6v6 General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Possible Rule settings: Reply with quote

What would everyone like to see as far as rules and maps go.

Team sizes, maps etc.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Aether

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team size should be anywhere between 4 and 8 (I think 6 might work pretty well). As far as maps? Well and Gravelpit are definetly the most intense and require a HUGE amount of teamwork to win but I think 2fort should be used as well. Seeing as there's only 6 maps we'd really need to play em all to keep it varied.

And timelimit? I haven't played TF competitively in a LONG time but it seems a short time limit (~5 min) would work best to keep it fast and make people really work as a team.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team size I think should stay true to past team fortress games, in order to have some of the large command point maps filled 6 players per team is not enough. I think 9v9 is about the sweet spot for this game just as it has been in past TF, but definatley no less than 8v8. As far as round times, 30 minute rounds. If you don't have large timelimits in rounds there is absolutely no way you will cap enough times on 2fort for exampe to get 3 caps and earn a team point.

I'm really not a fan of the sudden death mode in TF2, i think it's a cool idea for pubs, but i think as far as league scoring it should go purely off of amount of scores.

As for maps, at this stage in the game need to run a combined league with all maps, maybe 2 rounds on the same map, but a map rotation that has a new map played every week. But possibly in the future when mappers start crankin out some maps there could be a seperate league for CP and CTF. Personally I like the idea of keeping all the map styles in the same league rotation, gives a bit more variety to game play.

As soon as the game is fully released i'd expect to see more cvars released to adjust the way a server plays.
View users profile Send private message
Roach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see IGL follow other leagues map rotations as well, this will help the tf2 league grow since alot of clans dont like to join leagues with different map rotations.

I am also not a fan of sudden death, doesnt belong in league play. Scoring should be based on the amount of caps for a set amount of time.
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> TF2 6v6 General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: