NEW TO IGL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: NEW TO IGL Reply with quote

I just have a few questions for you guys.
I noticed that you have an amazing amount of players/clans registered on the IGL website.
It said you have 3,647 clans and 29,792 members.
How updated is this information? Are all of these clans/members still actively participating? Do you ever remove them for being inactive?
I was also wanting to get some more information about recent IGL history/clan involvement and I noticed that the last time anything was mentioned was July 2002.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sonja
View users profile Send private message
Stine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to try there IRC channel....becuse no one really responds here that often..

also you need to include what leauge you are lookin into...

and to answer your Question, the site is not kept up to date so I would not follow that info they promise a new site soon
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tone-Loc
IGL Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not estimate that information to be accurate. That number is probably derived from the total number of user and team accounts created in the database, without consideration for them being active or not.

Also, due to issues with the database itself, people were sometimes forced to create duplicate accounts for themselves in order to play in the same gaming division, but perhaps a completely seperate sub-division (TFC , TFC 9v9, TFC 5v5, etc...)

We have had issues since day one with removing inactive clans. The database is obviously flooded with out of date data.

What type of historical information about the league are you interested in? Perhaps one day, I can get Karsiss to fill in the gap from the last entries until I took over the league for him. but I doubt we will seriously work on anything like that until we get a newly coded website.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
phil22015

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: ahh im soo confused Reply with quote

what does scheduler mean???
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tone-Loc
IGL Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to ask some older CS players about that, if there are still any from the time the curent website was made close to 2 years ago.

In TFC you use it as a "league contact" designation. There is a leader for each clan obviously, but a scheduler has the right to speak on behalf the clan if the leader is not present, etc...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: