Forfeits... Is there a better way?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you prefer to score forfeit wins and losses?
Just like it is... Forfeit accepting clan gets 75... forfeiters get 0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Forfeit Accepting clan gets average score of winning teams... forfeiting clan gets average of losing teams...
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
FA clan gets 75 points... Forfeiting team gets -75
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Neither team gets squat!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't see an idea I like
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

-Wolverine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Forfeits... Is there a better way? Reply with quote

Hi guys...

I have an idea that I will pose as a question. But first, let's mention what the current procedure is. Currently, when a clan is a no show the "showing" clan is awarded 75 points for the forfeit. hmmm... kinda sucks if you have a couple of clans forfeit.

Also, your ranking that week can be greatly affected if the map played is one where it is easier to run up high scores. Right?

I wonder if it would be more competitve (fair) to award those teams whatever the average score was that week of the winning teams. In addition, the clan that forfeits should accept a score that is equal to the average of the clans that lost that week. Holy Moly.... I wonder if it would become more important for those clans to SHOW UP! lol

Additional reasoning... If you want to make the playoffs... if you are going up against a clan that will probably win, you could forfeit and get 0 points instead of negative points... In addition, that clan is hurt by only getting 75 points instead of running up a difference of maybe 500... or more....

I would think that this is something that would need to be implemented at the beginning of a season... maybe not... but... I think this idea has merit.
View users profile Send private message
Karsiss
IGL Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll Reply with quote

I would suggest you put the poll in the IGL forums that support the actual game you are playing. You've posted this poll in the 'IGL Main Forum', not the individual IGL game.

To reach the desired forum, first hit the IGL league button on the left side of the main web page (DOD/TFC/etc) and then hit the FORUM link again on the left side of the page.

Karsiss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... I have went to the dod 6v6 and on the left... there is a tiny little link for the forums. I found it... and... I will post there...
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: