GrandClan pulling out of IGL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> DoD:S General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: GrandClan pulling out of IGL Reply with quote

First I'd like to congratulate Old Timers on a game well played.

Second this post is for the administrators of IGL and not the player base.

A few weeks back we had already decided to drop this league because of the way the rosters were setup. Although we only had 1 game that we were active on in this league, when somone signed up they were automaticly set to inactive. Although common sense would tell you that since we only play 1 of the leagues games that our base roster would be for dod-s only. We were forced to replay a match that we had won, and the other team had ready'd up for, meaning they accepted the roster playing. After this happened we were forced to replay this team with only 5, due to the fact that only 4 members of the active dod-s roster actually play, and we were able to get ahold of 1 of the inactives and had him come back and play, luckily the other team was only able to field 5 so it was an even match. [POT] was gracious enough to allow us to use our base roster in our play off match against them so it didn't effect us that week. During the finals how ever we did have to come up with 2 inactive players to play just so we could field 6 for the match. I know I can speak for the other members of GC when I say I'm very disapointed in the way the league was run and way the rosters are setup. I'm not trying to slander the league, I'm just lodging a complaint against the way things were run and organized in hopes that changes will be made. Hopefully in the future IGL will make some improvements IGL is a very competitive league and has some very talented teams in it.

To the players, thanks for the great season, hopefully we'll meet up with you guys in CAL and TPG.

Cams
GrandClan
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Buzzard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry you feel that way Cams, but as per the rules and they haven't changed since you joined and is stated very clearly in the roster section that the leader of the clan sees, I - Not on the roster for this league and INELIGIBLE TO PLAY and this is in big red letters below each roster explaining what the letters stand for. This is in Big Green letters:A - Active on the roster for this league and ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.[/size] So with that said all your leader had to do is click in the I and change it to an A while the rosters were unlocked and that wasnt done. Unforuntantely the rosters were locked due to the playoffs when this happen to your team and your leader should have made sure all players were eligible to play before the playoffs. You may have played all season with ineligible players but the time your are talking about is the time someone finally called you on the carpet for it and you got caught.

Its has been always stated in the rules which btw your agreed to when you joined the league by signing up which states:
1.3 -- How to Join

So you have decided to join IGL? In this section I will walk you through the simple process of joining IGL. First thing you want to do is register yourself. This goes for both Leaders and Clan mates. If you are the leader, then after you register you will want to click on create clan. After that is done go to the staff section in the left menu and send an e-mail to the Head Admin saying that your clan has joined the league and give the full clan name you used to create the clan. Now with that done you want to start getting your clan mates on the roster. This is also pretty easy. Just have your clan mates register and once they have done that go to the manage clan link, then click - View | Edit | Add | Remove Members to your Clan Roster- , then ADD/REMOVE a member. TYPE THE COMPLETE STEAM ID AND CHOOSE SUBMIT. Once that is done, THE PLAYER IS ADDED TO YOUR ROSTER. That’s it. That person is now on your roster. Repeat till you have all your members on the roster. Then go in and change there status from "I" to "A" so they show up not only on the base roster, but the DoDS6v6 roster as well. Good Luck and welcome to the Iron Glove League. Any questions feel free to contact the Head Admin or any of his staff.

As it says above in Yellow, its the leaders responsiblity to make sure this is done and also, its the Leaders and only the Leader who can change this, plus the roster are unlocked for a period of time each week which give teams time to make changes to their roster. Also, unlike other Leagues, IGL does not lock the roster down in the middle of a season and not open them until after playoffs. We like Clans to have a chance to add and make the necessary changes to their rosters due to RL situations that popup from time to time, or connectivity problems or any other problems.

So I am very sorry you feel this way, but the person that needs to take the responsibility for this is your Leader. So, we hate to see you leave the League under these circumstances, but it is your choice and yours alone. Anytime you feel that you can come back and abide by the rules set forth for all Clans, then your more than welcome. IGL strives to make this League as fair and equal to all teams and to make it fun for all. We will continue to do this as long as the League is here.

e{$T} Buzzard(C)|IGL
IGL DoD & DoD:S Head Admin
View users profile Send private message
MegaStar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cams I think you should give IGL another shot..

View users profile Send private message AIM Address
PeacockJac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever put up this picture... it was a deja vu for me... I have this exact poster on my wall right above where my monitor sits... best one I have amungst some very good ones...
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ironglove.com Forum Index -> DoD:S General Discussions All times are CST (U.S./Canada)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: